Monday, January 8, 2024

The Countdown Has Started

Three weeks from yesterday will be the Old Man's 90th birthday.   A few months ago he and I started talking about it, and we decided he deserves a party for this big occasion. When my Favorite Cousin and her Dear Husband were here for a visit in August, we told them about it and we made preliminary plans.  The Old Man said he just wants to be with family (blood kinfolk and long-time friends who are like family) and he said he would like to have an open house.  When my Favorite Cousin was here for their Christmas visit, we made more definite and detailed plans - what we would have to eat and drink,  and who to invite.  This past Saturday I called her and we went over the plans.  I also called and ordered a surprise cake for him, and ordered a very cool charcuterie board that will be in the shape of 9-0. I also wrote out invitations and mailed them. Yesterday I printed out a blank monthly calendar page and wrote down everything I need to do, buy, clean and clear away before the big d Bay. So the countdown is on: 20 days till the Big Day.

Stay tuned. 


No comments: