Sunday, November 22, 2009

Link Of The Week

In a time where me and so many others are still trying to eat healthier, it almost seems sacriligious to list this Link of the Week, but it was fascinating to me so I had to include it. That having been said, let's get on with the Link of the Week.

When I was 10, we made our first trip cross country to California on a long summer vacation. During the miles across Texas and Oklahoma, I rememeber seeing billboards for restaurants advertising "Texas sized steaks". Some signs even said "If you can eat it, it's free." Needless to say I was fascinated, because I wanted to witness someone eating a Texas sized steak. Dad would never stop so I could watch but I was still fascinated.

I came across a site recently that let me re-live those memories of the Texas sized steak that was free if you could eat it all. It's aptly called "I Bet You Won't." It breaks down restaurants by state that have some gigantic type of food that is free if you can eat it all. Imagine my surprise when I found a restaurant here in the 'Ville - it's called Chubby Ray's and if you can eat a 5 pound hamburger you don't have to pay for it. Check it and lots of other "eat it all and it's free" places at http://www.Ibetyouwont.com.


1 comment:

Toots said...

There's currently a show on cable about these types of food. It's by the same folks who brought us Extreme Terror Rides, LOL.